When you visit WVRC, we will prepare a detailed estimate for your pet's care for your review. Our standard policy is to accept payment at the time services are rendered.
We accept cash, personal checks, VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
At the Wisconsin Veterinary Referral Center, we understand that unplanned pet care expenses may be overwhelming to you.
In order to help ease the burden of paying for treatment, we offer interest-free and low-interest financing options through CareCredit© that allows you the choice of paying for specialty services over time.
Ask our Client Service Representatives for information on how you can apply for CareCredit yourself.
The short application takes only a few minutes to complete and you will receive a quick decision.
With CareCredit you can:
- Get the care your pet needs immediately, including preventive, emergency and surgical treatment.
- Benefit from low minimum monthly payments.
- Finance up to 100% of the treatment cost
- Save your credit cards for household and unplanned expenses
- Choose between several payment plans
- No annual fee and no prepayment penalties
- No expiration date on your CareCredit card
VPI Pet Insurance - Health Insurance for Pets Comprehensive Coverage for Dogs and Cats
From unexpected illnesses and accidents to routine care for your dog or cat, we recommend the VPI Superior Plan and Vaccination & Routine Care Coverage. For those who want minimum coverage we also offer the VPI Standard Plan.
The VPI Superior Plan protects dogs and cats from accidental injuries, emergencies and illnesses. It also covers office visits, prescriptions, diagnostic tests, x-rays, lab fees and more. The Vaccination & Routine Care rider maximizes coverage with over $200 worth of important, routine benefits for only $99 per policy term year and has no deductible. Get a free quote or enroll your pet today.
Does it cost more when I come here compared to my regular veterinarian? Like your veterinarian, factors that go into setting fees are based upon cost of supplies and overhead (like building and staffing costs).
- Because we have staff here to be available 24-hours a day throughout the night, weekends and holidays (yes, even Christmas), we need to compensate them for working these hours. The wages for an emergency technician can be higher than your veterinarian’s 8–5 staff due to the demanding hours of their schedules.
- We know you expect us to provide the best care available in terms of nursing care, monitoring equipment and medical techniques. This training, equipment and knowledgeable staff can be costly.
- The nature of your pet’s problem may be inherently more complex than anything you have had experience with before, and therefore may be more costly.
- Our facility is “state of the art”, so that we can provide you and your pet the best care possible.